Safe Kids Madison Area
The Safe Kids Madison Area coalition formed in February 1998 and is led by American Family Children's Hospital.
The coalition focuses on:
- Child passenger safety
- Weekly events held throughout Dane County.
- Checks done at AAA Fit Station at Kohl’s Safety Center.
- TRIAD car seat education for grandparents.
- Presentations throughout Dane County.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Children Passenger Safety Course in April.
- Fire prevention
- Safety Town in July.
- Delivering Fire Prevention in October.
- Freezing for Safety (University of Wisconsin-Madison cycling team).
- Helmet sales and fittings (Kohl’s Safety Center).
- Photovoice Pedestrian Safety Project (Sun Prairie).
- Walk to School Week.
- Safety Saturday at the Capital in June.
- Safety Sunday at the Children’s Museum in February.
- Safe Kids Day at American Family Children’s Hospital.
Coalition partners include:
2/4/10 Car Seat Check more info
2/12/10 Car Seat Check more info
2/17/10 Car Seat Check more info
2/25/10 Car Seat Check more info