Safe Kids Madison Area
The Safe Kids Madison Area coalition formed in February 1999 and is led by American Family Children's Hospital.
The coalition focuses on:
- Child passenger safety
- Weekly events held throughout Dane County.
- Checks done at AAA Fit Station at Kohl’s Safety Center.
- Presentations throughout Dane County.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Children Passenger Safety Course in April.
- Car seat sales and installation (Kohl's Safety Center).
- Fire prevention
- Safety Town in July.
- Delivering Fire Prevention in October.
- Smoke and CO alarm sales and education (Kohl's Safety Center)
- Helmet sales and fittings (Kohl’s Safety Center).
- Assist with bike rodeos throughout Dane County.
- Ride the Drive with the Mayor each June.
- Assist with "Learn to Ride" program.
- Home safety
- Pedestrian safety
- Walk to School Week.
- Assist schools with safer drop-off and pick-up zones, as well as safer routes for walking and biking to school
- Coordinator the WOW Challenge
- Safety Saturday at the Capital in June.
- Safety Sunday at the Children’s Museum in February.
Coalition partners include:
Nov. 5 - Car Seat Check Verona
Nov. 14 - Car Seat Check Madison
Nov. 19 - Car Seat Check De Forest