Safe Kids Portage County
The Safe Kids Portage County chapter formed in 2004 and became a coalition in 2012. They are led by the
Stevens Point Child Safety Center Inc.
The coalition focuses on:
- Child passenger safety.
- Bicycle safety.
- Home safety.
- Fire safety.
- Water safety.
Coalition partners include:
- CAP Services.
- Head Start.
- Plover Police Department.
- Portage County Health and Human Services, including WIC.
- Portage County Sheriff’s Department.
- Stevens Point Police Department.
- Service/civic organizations.
- Stevens Point Fire Department.
- Stevens Point School District and surrounding districts in Portage County.
- United Way of Portage County and partner programs.
None at this time
Please call Safe Kids Portage County at (866) 511-9467 to make an appointment for a car seat check
or to buy items from our safety store.