Safe Kids Southeast Wisconsin
The Safe Kids Southeast Wisconsin coalition formed in 1990 and is led by Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.
Safe Kids Southeast Wisconsin's area includes Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Washington, and Waukesha counties.
The coalition has four action committees:
- Home Safety
- Airway obstruction safety.
- Burn prevention.
- Delivering Fire Prevention - Evening of October 24, 2013
- Falls prevention.
- Fire prevention.
- Furniture tip-over prevention.
- Gun safety.
- Poison prevention.
- Safe Sleep.
- Water safety.
- Motor Vehicle Safety
- Pedestrian Safety
- Play Safety
- Bike helmet and wheeled sport safety.
- Resources available to hold your own helmet fitting events in your community. For more info call: (414) 231-4894
- Playground safety.
- Sports safety.
- Winter safety.
- Winners Wear Helmets.
Speakers available on a variety of injury prevention topics. Sorry we are not able to accept health/safety fair requests. For more info call (414) 231-4894
Downloadable educational materials: Under Construction!
We are very proud to have the following organizations as members/partners:
- Cedarburg Fire Department
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Trauma Program
- Children's Service Society of Wisconsin
- City of Milwaukee Health Department
- COA Youth & Family Centers
- Columbia-St.Mary's Hospital, Regional Burn Center
- Columbia-St.Mary's Hospital, Women's and Children Services, (414)291-1141
- Cudahy Health Department
- Cudahy Fire Department
- Downtown Health Center, (414) 277-8939
- Franklin Health Department
- Germantown Fire Department
- Grafton Fire Department
- Habush Habush & Rottier S.C.
- Hales Corners Fire Department
- Hartford Fire and Rescue
- Injury Free Coalition for Kids, Milwaukee
- Medical College of Wisconsin, CIREN Center (Crash Injury Research and Engineering Network)
- Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office
- Milwaukee Police Department, Internal Affairs Division
- Milwaukee Police Department, Safety Division
- Milwaukee Urban League
- New Berlin Police Department
- North Prairie Fire Department
- Ozaukee County Health Department
- St. Joseph Hospital, Women's Outpatient Center
- Sixteenth Street Community Health Center
- Town of Brookfield Police Department
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Washington County Health Department
- Washington County Injury Prevention Coalition
- Waubeka Fire Department
- Waukesha County Health Department
- Wauwatosa Health Department
- West Allis Health Department
- Wisconsin Early Childhood Association - Milwaukee
To learn more about becoming a Safe Kids Southeast Wisconsin member/partner, contact Lisa Klindt Simpson or call (414) 231-4894.
October 24, Evening
Deliviering Fire Prevention
Nov. 21 , 9:30 - Safe Kids Southeast Wisconsin Coalition Meeting, 2014 Goal Setting Meeting
620 S 76th St., Milwaukee
Permanent Fitting Stations:
Car seat checks are also available by appointment at local fitting stations. Learn more.