Safe Kids Wausau Area
The Safe Kids Wausau Area coalition was formed in 1999 and is led by Aspirus Wausau Hospital.
The coalition focuses on:
- Car seat checks - first and third Wednesday of the month.
- National Child Passenger Safety Certification Course-annually .
- Child passenger safety update class for current Child Passenger Safety Technicians-annually.
- Water safety
- Delivering Fire Prevention.
- Bike helmet sales.
- Participate in local bike rodeos.
- Educational programs
- Sales of ski/snow board helmets.
- Girl Scout Safety Wise Patch Program.
- Accidental Medication Ingestion Prevention.
- Educational programs and displays.
- Sports Safety.
- Educational clinics for local sporting clubs.
- Pedestrian Safety
- Walk to School Day.
- Safe Routes to School.
Coalition partners include:
- American Red Cross.
- Aspirus Wausau Hospital.
- Aspirus Clinics.
- Aspirus Home Medical.
- Athens Police Department.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters.
- Brickner’s Park City.
- Bridge Community Health Clinic.
- Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin Community Services and Wausau Family Resource Center.
- Everest Metro Police Department.
- Girl Scouts.
- Kronenwetter Police Department.
- Lincoln County Health Department
- Marathon Area Swim Association.
- Marathon County Head Start.
- Marathon County Coroner.
- Marathon County Health Department.
- Marathon County Sheriff’s Department.
- Marathon County Social Services.
- Marshfield Clinic.
- Memorial Health Center.
- Merrill Police Department.
- Neighbor's Place.
- Recreation and Forestry Department.
- Rib Mountain Fire Department
- Rothschild Police Department.
- Saint Clare’s Hospital.
- Wausau Child Care.
- Marathon County Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department.
- Wausau Fire Department.
- Wausau Police Department.
- Weston Fire Department.
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
- Yach's Body and Custom.
July 6 – Car Seat Check Wausau
July 20 – Car Seat Check Wausau