The Safe Kids Wausau Area coalition was formed in 1999 and is led by Aspirus Wausau Hospital.
The coalition focuses on:
- Child passenger safety
- Car seat checks - first and third Wednesday of the month
- National Child Passenger Safety Certification Course-annually
- Child passenger safety update class for current Child Passenger Safety Technicians-annually
- Water safety
- Bicycle safety
- Bike helmet sales
- Participate in local bike rodeos
- Educational programs
- Ski/snow board safety
- Sales of ski/snow board helmets
- Girl Scout Safety Wise Patch Program
- Accidental Medication Ingestion Prevention
- Educational programs and displays
- Pedestrian Safety
- Walk to School Day
- Safe Routes to School
We are very proud to have the following list of partners.
For more information about Safe Kids Wausau Area or resources specific to Marathon County, please contact Emily Loertscher or call 715-847-2864.