High Back vs. No Back Booster
Booster seats raise the child so the vehicle’s lap and shoulder belt fits over the strongest parts of the child’s body. All booster seats are required to meet the same crash test standards.
High Back Boosters:
- May provide additional support and protection around the child.
- May help to keep your child stay upright and in the correct position for the seat belt to fit properly.
- May help position the shoulder belt better for smaller children so that it sits properly on the shoulder.
- May help provide the support necessary behind the child's head if the vehicle does not have a head rest.
No Back Boosters:
- May be a better option for older children who are more independent.
- May provide additional room to fit three car seats across in the backseat of a vehicle.
- May have a higher weight limit allowing your child to use a booster seat for longer.
- May be lighter in weight and easier to travel with