Child Passenger Safety Technician Class Scholarships
Through a grant from the WisDOT (Wisconsin Department of Transportation), scholarships are available for the Child Passenger Safety Technician Course. Applications for a scholarship must be received at least three weeks prior to the start of the class. After submitting your application you will receive an email saying your application has been received, please allow 1-3 business days for approval. If your scholarship application is approved you will receive a confirmation email with your unique "Discount Code." DO NOT register for the course until you have your unique "Discount Code."
The Child Passenger Safety Technician Course fee is $150.00.
Types of Scholarships:
- General Scholarship : Limit one per student
- Assistant Instructor Scholarship : Limit one student
- Lead Instructor Scholarship: Limit two student
- Hosting Site Scholarship: Limit two students
Applicants must meet the below criteria to be eligible for the scholarship they are applying for. Click the scholarship you would like to apply for below.
- General Scholarship ($100 discount)
- I live in Wisconsin
- I agree and commit to the recertification requirements below after I have successfully completed the certification:
- Conduct all five different types of seat checks
- Participate in at least one community education event (checkups, community workshop, educational session)
- Participate in at least six continuing education units (CEUs)
- Pay the recertification fee
- Assistant Instructor Scholarship ($150 discount)
- A staff member from my agency will be teaching the car seat technician class I wish to sign up for and will NOT be paid by WisDOT for their teaching time
- Lead Instructor Scholarship ($150 discount)
- A staff member from my agency will be teaching the car seat technician class I wish to sign up for and he/she will NOT be paid by WisDOT for their teaching time
- Note: A lead instructor must request approval with the Car Seat Program Coordinator if the student is not from the lead instructor’s agency.
- Hosting Site Scholarship ($150 discount)
- I am a staff member for the agency hosting the class I wish to sign up for and the host agency is NOT charging for use of their facility to host the class