The Safe Kids Madison Area coalition formed in February 1999 and is led by American Family Children's Hospital.
The coalition focuses on:
- Child passenger safety
- Weekly events held throughout Dane County.Checks done at AAA Fit Station at Kohl’s Safety Center.
- Presentations throughout Dane County.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Children Passenger Safety Course in April.
- Car seat sales and installation (Kohl's Safety Center).
- Fire prevention
- Safety Town in July.
- Delivering Fire Prevention in October.
- Smoke and CO alarm sales and education (Kohl's Safety Center)
- Bicycle safety
- Helmet sales and fittings (Kohl’s Safety Center).
- Assist with bike rodeos throughout Dane County.
- Ride the Drive with the Mayor each June.
- Assist with "Learn to Ride" program.
- Home safety
- Pedestrian safety
- Walk to School Week.
- Assist schools with safer drop-off and pick-up zones, as well as safer routes for walking and biking to school
- Coordinator the WOW Challenge
- Safety Saturday at the Capital in June.
- Safety Sunday at the Children’s Museum in February.
We are very proud to have the following list of partners.
For more information about Safe Kids Madison Area or questions about resources specific to the Madison area, contact Rishelle Eithun or call 608-890-8999.