- Meet these requirements and record the activities in your online profile:
- Pay the recertification fee. The recertification fee is $55 for technicians/ instructor candidates and $60 for instructors. A detailed fee table is available on this website under Resources-FAQs/Fees. Check your online profile if you are not sure when your certification expires.
You must complete all recertification requirements, including paying the recertification fee, on or before the expiration date of your current certification.
How to Recertify Online: Step- by- Step PDF
*Information from https://cert.safekids.org/i-am-a-tech/recertification
Recertification Fee Scholarship
Through a grant from the WisDOT (Wisconsin Department of Transportation), a limited number of scholarships are available for the Child Passenger Safety Technician/ Instructor recertification fees. All recertification requirements must be completed before submitting your application for the recertification scholarship. Applications must be submitted and awarded prior to finalizing your renewal on the certification site. Applications must be submitted at least 1 month prior to your technician/ instructor expiration date.
Due to COVID-19 scholarship eligibility requirements have been waived other than having Wisconsin residency.
If your lead agency is able to pay your recertification fee, we respectfully ask that they do so. This will free up the scholarships for other individuals who are not affiliated with an agency or whose agency is not able to support the cost.
- Technician/ instructor must live in WI.
- Technician/ instructor must participate in at least two car seat installation activities with an instructor present.
- Technician/ instructor must participate in at least two additional car seat installation activities (instructor presence not required)