The Safe Kids Sauk County coalition formed in 2019. The coalition is lead by the Sauk County Health Department.
The coalition focuses on:
- Child passenger safety
- Car seat checks at Sauk County Health Department by appointment
- Education/booth at Safety Fairs
- Home Safety
- Health Department gives out gun locks
- Educational presentation about poisoning and internet safety every year at Rural Safety Days in May
- Cribs for kids program (provides pack and plays to needy families and also education on safe sleep)
- Water Safety
- Working on life jacket loaner boards in Reedsburg and Baraboo
- Developing a water watchers program for participating agencies
- Safety Events
- Rural Safety Days (RSD) – Every May all the third graders come to the Sauk County Fairgrounds to learn about different safety topics. RSD Safety Topics this year included Chemical Safety, Plant and Insect Safety, Electrical Safety, Internet Safety, Small/Large Animal Safety, Gun Safety, Water Safety, Tractor Safety, Rollover/Seatbelt Safety, ATV/UTV Safety, and Fire Safety.
- Reedsburg Area Medical Center Annual Kids Fit and Safe Day – This day is for Reedsburg fourth and fifth grade students to learn about healthy and safe topics from hand washing, hunting safety, internet safety, car safety, water safety, and more!
We are very proud to have the following list of partners.
For more information about Safe Kids Sauk County or resources specific to Sauk County, please contact Cassidy Walsh or call 608-355-4315.