Safe Kids Portage County formed in 2004. They are led by the Stevens Point Child Safety Center Inc.
The coalition focuses on:
- Child Passenger Safety
- Car seat sales and installations – Tues-Fri 10am-4pm. Call for an appointment
- Car seat rental program
- Car seats available for income eligible families
- Special needs car seat assistance
- Educational programs for car seats, booster seats
- Teen Driving presentations
- Water safety
- Life jacket loaner stations
- Life jacket sales
- Bicycle safety
- Bike helmet sales and fittings
- Participate in local bike rodeos
- Educational programs
- Medication Safety
- Educational programs and displays
- Pedestrian Safety
- Home Safety
- Home safety items and sleepsacks for sale
- BabeBSafe home safety program for income eligible families
We are very proud to have the following list of partners.
For more information about Safe Kids Portage County or resources specific to Portage County, please contact Joanne Peotter or call 715-341-7328.